YAHOO! | Sunnyvale, CA
Tasked with an aggressive construction schedule during the peak of Silicon Valley’s building boom, Jason Schlutt was contracted to manage the development of Yahoo!’s corporate campus totaling 1,200,000 square feet located in prestigious Moffett Park.
- Aggressive 18–month construction schedule
- A multi-phase office complex consisting of 8 buildings housing 5,000+ employees
- Executive training area
- Data center
- Full service cafeterias
- Fitness center
- Media studios
- Volleyball & bocce ball courts
How Compass Solutions Created a Raving Fan!
A Master Plan is a must! Even though our focus was completing the first phase of the project (800,000 square feet), we never lost sight that there were multiple phases behind the initial project.
- All about the end user! We led programming user needs in order to maximize floor plate size on these Build-to-Suit buildings.
- Super aggressive schedule! In order to accommodate an 18-month construction schedule, we recommended multiple subcontractors to maximize resources and create competition.
- Project Cost Controls! It is a must when the schedule is fast and so are project changes.